Monday, October 4, 2010

Return of the... METABLOG!

Bad thing: I discovered the page that shows me how many times my blog has been viewed.

So now I know that people are viewing it and choosing not to comment.
Here she goes with the obsessing...
Okay, but the thing is, with my last post I'm not looking for reassurance; I'm looking for other points of view. Mostly. It's true, though; the desire for reassurance is always there. Of course, I could interpret the silence as reassurance that everyone either agrees with me or has failed to come up with a strong rebuttal. But it is also quite possible that people are refusing to engage me in a conversation because they view my claims as radical or ignorant and doubt that I would understand any explanation that draws upon a religious perspective. Or maybe people are still thinking about how they would answer, and maybe they won't tell me, but would still think about it, which would be cool too.

Anyway, my main point is this: Reassurance feeds the OCD monster, but discussion feeds the intellectual monster. And maybe the OCD monster as well, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment